Safe Working Practices around construction plant
CITB Approved | Duration 2 days of 6 hrs each day
This course is for anyone working with construction plant machinery who needs to be aware of the dangers of operating in close proximity to other vehicles/obstructions.
Candidates will learn about excavation awareness and traffic/vehicle movements on site.
- Theoretical knowledge of excavator movements
- Quick hitch best practice
- Spoil characteristics
- Underground and overground services
- New Roads and Street Works signing and guarding
- Working at height near excavations
- Safety signs and signals within vehicle movements
- Bankspersons’ roles and responsibilities according to legislation
- Codes of practice
- Manufacturer’s instructions/guidance