Harness Use and inspection
CITB Approved | Duration 3hrs
This course will provide participants with the knowledge relating to the safe use and inspection of safety harness. On completion participants will be able to understand the principle requirements of current legislation recognise their roles and responsibilities and demonstrate correct procedures for inspection, fitting and use.
Who should attend?
Anyone who will be required to use, supervise, inspect and fit the Safety Harness.
- Legal requirements and safety legislation
- Harness types and designs
- Strength and characteristics of fall protection equipment
- Component parts
- Safety inspection of harnesses and lanyards prior to use
- Correct fitting of harness
- Hazards and precautions
- Sources of damage
- Recommended storage procedures
- Risk assessment and hazard analysis
- Practical session and practical assessment
- Assessment feedback and questions
Mix of classroom-based theory and practical exercises.