CITB Site Environmental Awareness Training Scheme (SEATS)
CITB Approved | Duration 6hrs
This one day classroom based course will provide candidates with an introduction to environmental issues on construction sites.
This course meets the basic environmental knowledge that the sub-contract chain is required to prove to major contractors. It also covers the environmental aspects of the CITB Health, safety and environment (HS&E) test.
SEATS Aims and Objectives
The delegate will gain knowledge and understanding in:
- what is meant by the term ‘environment’
- how to deal with archaeology and heritage on a construction project
- effective waste management
- pollution controls, and why the environment should be protected
- the use of environmental management systems
- why it is important to be a good neighbour and responsible contractor
At the end of the day delegates will be able to:
- understand the need to protect the environment
- implement environmental management systems into the management of the site
- have an understanding of the impact archaeology and heritage can have on a site
- identify the principles of the good neighbour initiative
- appreciate the need to be a responsible contractor
There are no formal entry requirements for this course; however, it has been developed for construction supervisors and this should therefore be considered before enrolling delegates onto this course. Delegates must be competent in English at site supervisor level.
Who should attend:-
The Site Safety Plus suite of courses provides a range of courses for people seeking to develop their skills in the building, civil engineering and allied industries. Designed from operative to senior manager level, they provide the skills you need to progress through the construction industry, from the one day Health and Safety Awareness course to the five-day Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS). We also offer refresher courses so that workers are always kept up to date with the latest techniques and industry practice to be safe whilst on the job.