CITB Approved | Duration 3.5 hrs
Train operators in the safe mounting and selection of Abrasive Wheels and Cutting Discs. Be able to operate the machine safely and correctly in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions and accepted good practice. Select and mount the appropriate disc for the work practice that is taking place. Have an understanding of responsibilities under Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 & other current relevant legislation.
Who should attend?
Anyone who uses Abrasive Wheels or employs people who use Abrasive Wheels as part of their work.
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Other current relevant regulations
- Introduction to the equipment
- Hazards and precautions to be observed when using abrasive wheels
- Wheel selection
- Storage, handling & transporting of abrasive wheels
- Examination of abrasive wheels
- Mounting of abrasive wheels
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Practical exercises
Mix of classroom-based theory and practical exercises.