Rhino prides itself on its ability to be a single source provider of the complete range of training activities.
A Training Needs Analysis is undertaken to identify the most effective and cost efficient training solution occurring from new, or changes in, equipment, organisation, procedures or legislation. It is a rigorous analysis, providing auditable documentation for management teams to review.
The main TNA activity should always be preceded by a Fact Finding Study, which may only be a short piece of work. It will define the scope of the following work, define the requirement and environment, and provide an outline plan and resources required. The main TNA work can proceed on a firm and agreed foundation.
A TNA has four distinct stages:
• The first stage focuses on identifying and describing all the tasks which must be undertaken by individuals and groups to achieve the aims of the project, this is called an Operational Task Analysis .
• Next, a study is undertaken to identify the additional learning requirements, in terms of knowledge, skills and attitudes , required by staff for their future job as identified , over that currently required. From this analysis, training objectives are developed, and these describe the training requirement. This stage is often referred to as a Training Gap Analysis .
• Once the differences are identified, options for “closing” the identified gaps can be considered. Consideration is given to appropriate delivery methods and training effectiveness, risks and opportunities, and cost-benefit. A recommended solution can be accurately priced. This phase is called the Training Options Analysis .
• Finally, all the information and the agreed solution are gathered together in a Final Report, which can be disseminated to interested parties to inform them of how a particular course of action was arrived at.
Benefits, value for money, increased productivity and enhanced efficiency.
• Cost benefit analysis of the training options are much more accurate. Over or under training is avoided, increasing efficiency and reducing cost.
• Auditable decision making process provides managers with greater confidence in the training solution, which enhances “buy-in”.
• The process of analysing group and individual tasks reduces the likelihood of critical tasks being omitted, which might result in lost productivity.
Benefits of using Rhino
• Analysing operational tasks and measuring the gap in knowledge, skills and attitude is Rhino’s core business.
• Breadth and depth of knowledge of current and emerging training practices, experience in planning and process mapping to support the implementation of change.
• Access to Subject Matter Exp, e-learning and simulation, which can provide essential input to the cost benefit analysis regarding the effectiveness of different training methods and media.
• A dedicated point of contact, who is experienced in conducting and managing TNA projects, which is key to maintaining momentum within each business.
Rhino is renowned for its work on large Construction Contracts and is now also a significant force in private sector training. Its success is predicated on a partnership approach with its clients. Its primary focus is on delivering bespoke, cost-effective, practical solutions within budgetary and time constraints and maintaining clients’ full business capability while offering excellent value for money at minimal risk.
• Fully integrated, single source training solutions, resourced to meet each specific need and underpinned by Rhino’s quality assurance system.
• Value for money training options that meet the capabilities required by clients and that are consistent with their culture.
• Rigorously developed total training solutions that harness proven systems blended with innovative thinking and cutting edge training techniques and products.
Rhino utilises our FE Partners which underpins all of its training design and evaluation activities. Together with the our rebust Quality Assurance System this provides the framework governing analysis, design and delivery applied to all of our training programmes, enabling the development and implementation of quality training solutions that meet business and operational needs.
Rhino provide consultancy support to a wide range of clients. Such consultancy includes:
• Strategic and equipment/product specific training needs analysis
• Advice on or production of the training element of major tenders and bids
• Analysis of training effectiveness
• Determination and implementation of the most suitable training methods and media.
Rhino has an excellent track record as a first class deliverer of training to a wide range of clients. Training can be defined as the process by which people acquire new skills or knowledge for the purpose of enhancing performance. The purpose of training is to produce efficient, timely and cost effective learning that has been tailored to meet the identified need. Activities must be well managed, relevant, and accessible and must utilise new technologies in innovative ways.
The delivery phase of training is when the coordination, assessment of learning needs, design, and development phases come together. Successful training delivery depends on:
• Accurate identification of participants’ training needs.
• A carefully crafted training plan.
• Well-managed training details.
• Thorough and relevant materials.
• A prepared trainer, ready to present a compelling learning experience.
There are, of course, a wide variety of instructional methods including: presentation, skills practice, and e-learning; each one designed to meet a particular need in a specific situation or context. For example, training can be delivered in a classroom, on the job or remotely. In addition, careful account must be taken of different learning styles and all of this presents a challenge to deliver training to meet sometimes complex objectives.
Learner and employer questionnaires are processed and analysed in batches with any low satisfaction rates being highlighted through our bespoke system. All feedback is then used to inform the improvement and change process so that the very best outcomes can be gained by all clients of Rhino.
Managers maintain regular contact with employers during and after training provision to discuss issues and improvement needs as and when they arise. Monthly employer reports are produced for each employer which assist in identifying business impacts and which enables trend analysis.
Rhino are one of the most highly regarded training providers. Our success rates are over 90%. We deliver both regionally and Nationally across the whole UK. To find out what Rhino can offer you please contact us…CALL RHINO TODAY!